OZONE ACTION DAY TODAY and TOMORROW
Do your part TODAY to keep our air clean:
- Delay refueling your vehicle until dusk or nighttime. The hotter the temperature, the more fuel lost to evaporation and ozone-forming pollutants in the air.
- Put off those additional errands until later in the evening or for a cooler day.
- Don't run your lawn mower or other gas-powered lawn equipment during the hottest part of the day.
- Use paints, solvents, and cleaners carefully - leaving them uncapped for long releases fumes that help form ozone pollution.
TOMORROW, try an alternative form of transportation to get to work:
- Go by bus! Plan your trip at Metro Transit
- Go by bike! Plan a route with the Omaha Metro Bicycle Commuter Map, courtesy of Activate Omaha
- Go by carpool! Find and schedule a carpool at Metro Rideshare
Learn more about what you can do to keep our air clean today and every day at home, at work, and at play. Follow us on Twitter.